Roper & Sons Funeral Home has served Lincoln, Nebraska families with honor, integrity, and dignity for over 115 years.
Roper & Sons Funeral Home was founded in December 1901, when Charles H. Roper began offering funeral services with Charles Beecher. The first facility opened at 124 South 13th Street, and began the longstanding tradition of offering funeral services with the honor, integrity, and dignity that Lincoln deserves. The current building at 4300 O Street was opened in 1959 and continues as our primary facility today.
Roper & Sons Funeral Home continues to uphold Charles H. Roper’s commitment to serving Lincoln residents and the surrounding communities as well as keeping the business in the hands of family. The business is now managed by Tom Roper and Dean Schneider, along with Bill Roper and Charles "Pooch" Roper.
Services Provided by Roper & Sons Funeral Home
The following are some of the many services Roper & Sons Funeral Home provides. As you consider your options, please feel free to contact us with any questions. Remember that we’re here to help you explore the possibilities and design a service that will capture the essence of your loved one.
- Traditional or non-traditional funeral services
- Celebration of Life Services
- Elaborate or simple
- Unlimited and Unique Tribute Options
- Personalized Video Tributes and Service Folders
- Incorporate photos, music, poetry, quotes, scripture and other remembrances
- Honoring Lifetime Achievements
- Military honors and veterans tributes
- Civic and fraternal accomplishments
- Recognition of medals, diplomas, and awards
- Memory tables and boards remembering your loved one’s life through their hobbies, interests, travels, photos, writings and other favorite activities
- Special settings and outdoor ceremonies
- Dove, balloon and butterfly releases
- Special Music
Now, in our second century of service, Roper & Sons is comprised of three primary service divisions: